Monday, December 12, 2011

Isabelo Garden Restaurant - A Secret, Revealed...

We've been planning to go out on a decent - a little different - dinner date, but we don't have that much of a time to look for the right restau. So when I came across this article about "Manila's best restaurants" in the net, we booked our date right away! Weekends are the best dates so as to not interfere with kuya's work schedule... So.. it's a Saturdate! 

We spent about 45 minutes travelling from home to Isabelo, including the time looking for the "Secret Garden". And yes, it really is a hidden garden you will not expect to be situated in the heart of a very busy city, Marikina. In fact, we wouldn't know that we were already in front of Isabelo's gate if Manong guard didn't approach our ride to ask if we were the ones booked for the night. I admire his instinct. :)

It's a totally different place from outside and once you got in, you will forget about the hustle and bustle of the city.

This gazebo is best for couples... The white curtains  make the drama complete! Haha!

Here's also where I and Bronnon sat. I'm guessing they were thinking we're couples :-P

This is just one of the tables that will make your stay in Isabelo feel  more like home rather than just a regular resto.

Garden Chairs

Group Tables
Tomato and Ricotta Farfalle

Farfalle means Butterfly =)
The first that was served on us was the Tomato and Ricotta Farfalle. Indeed, it gave us butterflies in our stomachs. Bronnon agreed to me when I said that the pasta tastes really good. It's creamy flavor blends just right with all the other ingredients put into it. Now Isabelo just set the bar high!

Orange Herb Chicken

 I did the honor of slicing the Orange Herb Chicken.

Next: Main Dish. The taste was not bad, but honestly, it is overrated, and among all the food that we ordered for the night, this is the only one that did not reach my expectations. I will commend the way it was cooked because the chicken meat is very juicy. However, it lacks flavors. I enjoyed eating the flavorful baby potatoes, carrots, and pumpkins that came with it though. 

Quattro Formaggio

♥ Home made pizza
I knew it! The waiter's coming with our home made pizza on his palm... Just by the smell of it, we already knew we're gonna love it ♥. By nature, I just don't like overly cooked / well done pizza crust, that's why I had to look at the bottom of each slice to check if it's a little over cooked, then I'll give it to Bronnon coz that's what he likes. I always want my pizza to be golden brown in color.. No more, but can be less :) I can say that Bronnon and I are just good pizza partners!

Yeah.. it's only me and my big bro.. And each serving is good for 4 people! Whew!!! 

Lastly, a sweet bite to complete the night... 
Watermelon Sorbet
 A pinch of citrus gives balance to the natural sweetness of the watermelon.


Warm & chewy chocolate chip cookie ala mode
Last to arrive is our warm chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream on top. Gawd, this is my favorite for the night. It's just a perfect finale on our stay in Isabelo. I even taught Bronnon the right way to eat this is first close his eyes so he can feel the vanilla ice cream slowly melt through the warmth of the chocolate chip cookie in his mouth. And he tried it. LOL!

The Guest Book

And that's my hand writing! :-P


At the end of the dinner, both kuya and I are satisfied. And same as what I indicated on my note to Ms. Portia, we will definitely go back for more! We'll make sure that on our next visit, we'll be with a larger group, our cousins. :) This place is definitely recommendable! 

BTW, your stay will not be complete without seeing the Gallery section:
Take Out
 Now we still have midnight snack :)

Paintings


Memorabilias
I saw an empty DKNY Be Delicious bottle displayed here. Reminded me of one random day when Bronnon bought me the same perfume. I suddenly thought of keeping my empty perfume bottles. Well, not so good idea coz I don't have this kind of space at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Blokoy

My photo
Philippines
My real name is Blake. Nickname is Blakey. (Pronounced as Bley-kee). But my dad's good friend reads it as "Blacky"... As in the doggie. *rolling eyes* So there, to avoid confusion as to how to read my nickname, dad changed all the vowel letters to "o" which makes it "Blokoy". Sounds better. Eh? :-P