Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Memoirs of Tagaytay

Tagaytay... IKR. For the nth time. 
We haven't been here for quite a long time now, maybe almost a year. So forgive me if I can't give any ratings/reviews about the food, I believe my tastebuds can only give reliable reviews when it's done a month at a max after I've tasted them :-P I just thought of creating this blog because I miss the place... And I wanna go back to the city, with the same person ♥
So.. almost a year after, I finally had the chance to do this!
---------------------------------------------------------
11-2011

B and I just really needed time to relax for a while and get away from the noise of Manila without having to sacrifice our oh so busy schedules. Maximize. That's the keyword to a productive weekend.

After our last Tagaytay getaway back in 2010, we find ourselves again in this city that also seems like home to us. Why? Here are just a few reasons:
- We had our first date in Tagaytay, where we had lunch in Josephine's Restaurant
                    - He surprised me with the first bouquet of roses he gave me on our way home
                    - Same day when I first had Sumpong
*This is just too dramatic I could not express through words. By the way this is a food and place blog, and not a LOVE BLOG, right?**
Continuation:
- We then went back here for our first out of town date as a couple (makes sense since the first bullet is also the first date - as friends - so yeah, this one's different), where we stayed for the first time in Days Hotel
- We had our first coffee in Starbucks Tagaytay (I used to decline his offers to go grab a coffee somewhere around when we were still in our "Kenkoy days" :P
- We've also tried riding the zip line together here, feeling like superman and wonderwoman! though I know they're not couples LOL
- We've learned one lesson in Tagaytay: Always buy original memory card. We had our stay in Taal Vista one time, and the fake memory card crashed so we lost all our pictures for that overnight weekend date.
- There are a looooooot more memories that we have shared here. But really, lemme just give you a hint of how we spent one of our weekends here:

First stop: Bag of Beans Coffee Shop & Bakery





It's our 2nd time to stay at Days Hotel, and in both our agreement, this is most probably the last. It has lost its spark... Maybe it's grown a lot older now since our last visit. The furniture, elevator, the details, floors, carpets, and its facade, seems like its not being taken care of. 

Nevertheless, Quality Time is what makes our getaway meaningful, and nice, and unforgettable. 
QT means: alone and happy with just each other doing simple things together




Dinner at Pamana Restaurant - our 2nd attempt
First attempt failed because the house-turned-into-a-resto was jam packed!
Now it's past 9 PM, and we got accommodated!








B: Bili tayo ng murang kape.
Me: Where?
B: Starbucks.

The place to B ♥



Truly.


Back to the hotel with the take aways from Pamana :)
More Q. Time!


Breakfast at the legendary Josephine's Restaurant.
Made me think of our "Kenkoy Days"




Lunch at Tokyo Cafe, Manila





Let's get pampered! Time to relax after a 3 hour drive.




And another round of coffee... 


But wait, there's more! What's a weekend without the comfort food: Mickidee's! 


Here's why we love eating. Our favorite cooking show.



Weekend Over.
Back to Reality. 

*Late post*

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Blokoy

My photo
Philippines
My real name is Blake. Nickname is Blakey. (Pronounced as Bley-kee). But my dad's good friend reads it as "Blacky"... As in the doggie. *rolling eyes* So there, to avoid confusion as to how to read my nickname, dad changed all the vowel letters to "o" which makes it "Blokoy". Sounds better. Eh? :-P